After getting feedback from so many users who are posting their comments with similar kinds of doubts, we are coming up with frequently asked question section, where you can get answers to most of your questions. Kindly leave us a feedback to add more questions if you feel your doubts were not removed.
1. How to pay after booking of BSNL tablet?
- After you have finished the pre-booking of any of the BSNL tablet, a confirmatory e-mail will come in your id which you gave in the form. Time for the e-mail to come may vary, as there are lots of booking going on at the servers. If you get the e-mail, click on the link asked and confirm your order. After the confirmation, the website will be navigated to the online payment portal, where you can pay for the tablet via ‘debit card’, ‘credit card’ or ‘net banking’.
2. When will I get my BSNL tablet once I book it?
- Although the actual time of delivery may differ, the company says they will start shipping the first batch of tablets by 5th of March, 2012.
3. Can we book the tablet from any part of India?
- Oh yes, you can! You can book from any part of the world, but the tablets will only be delivered in India till now. The future plans are under hold by the company.
4. The T-Pad IS701R (cheapest one) does not come with SIM card slot and only WiFi. How to connect to the internet then when one does not have WiFi connection?
- There is 1 USB port on T-Pad IS701R. Since Android supports external devices (host-mode), you can plug in a USB modem and connect to the internet other than WiFi networks.
5. Does the low-price tablet support multi-touch?
- Sadly, no. The device’s screen is resistive in nature (which means, you have to apply a little pressure at the point of touch for the action to be detected) and there are not many devices with multi-touch resistive touch screen.
- The rest of the two T-Pad models support multi-touch gestures.
6. Can I see a demo of the tablet at stalls or shops?
- NO, you cant as of now. The company hasn’t yet decided to demo the pieces to the public but we are very sure that they will pretty soon. Be patient. Although we think that the overall experience of IS701R will be better than both the Aakash tablets.
7. When it’ll come in the market?
- There’s no specific date of the tablet hitting the stores on a specific date. But one can make a presumption that it’ll not be available in markets before 5th of March, 2012.
8. Will I be able to upgrade to higher version of Android on IS701R when the updates come?
- Yes! But not the ones of Honeycomb (Android 3.x) and Ice-Cream Sandwich (Android 4.x), since they require better configuration that this one.
- The rest of the two tablets can be easily upgraded and are future proof. There is a high suspect in the Android community that the other two high priced T-Pads will come with Android 3.1, but it’s still a speculation and time will only tell what the truth is.
9. Can the tablets play high definition videos on them?
- Certainly! All the three tablets are capable of playing HD content on them and are also having HDMI port to attach HDTV to display the videos, play music, see office docs or browse files.